Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."

Woot woot time to blog!
This week has been a typical summer week with some glimpses of joy and happiness mixed in with boredom and laziness.
On Monday, I got to intern for a day at the world. It was awesome and I loved it. I followed Lisa Mullens around all day and I had a lot of fun with her as well as with the rest of the staff at the world. She has had a lot of experience with broadcast journalism all around the world and she had a lot of advice to impart on me. We began the morning with their daily meeting, discussing what the show was going to be about with the producers in London. It was cool. We then read a lot of stories in the news room and did an interview at 9:30. I got to help write the questions. They were interviewing international students who were in New York for the first spelling bee for non-native English speakers. They were phenomenal. I then helped Dave find a story for the daily GeoQuiz, and we ended up calling these people on Cyprus who were concerned about their village's tomb. Apparently, if you scrape off part of the tomb and put it in someone's drink, they will fall in love with you. Not true. We interviewed him, too, but unfortunately were unable to air it because the quality was bad. Sadly, I didn't get a story on my first day. Bummer. But I helped to edit a story about Afghanistan's first national park, and when I was done with that I got to sit in on the recording of the show. I learned about this temple that's supposed to fall from the sky, Indian reality tv, and a Latin singer named Bebe. It was a very fun day.
Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Tuesday and Wednesday. They were lame. On the brightside I finished Sister Carrie and got a month's worth of laundry done, so it wasn't totally counterproductive.
Today I went into Worcester to visit my favorite place, MAMAS!! I got a yearbook and got approved for community service. Thank god, or else I would have had to jump off a cliff cause I would still need 40 hours. Then my mom, Thomas, and I went shopping at the Auburn Mall.
And that is my week! So boring. I can't wait to get back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment