Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's August!

Alright, so I just wanted to say my favorite part of the year is now over (May, June, July). But, on the bright side I have Labor Day weekend to look forward to. Sadly, for all my readers out there I do not have any photo additions to add to this blog. I know the true fans will look past that and continue reading though.
Let's see...what have I been up to lately?
On Wednesday Lea and I packed up the car (Gretta) and headed to the beach. This is also the day in which my exhaust decided to break on me so it sounded like I was driving an 18 wheeler. So I get to Lea's and the sky is gray and we take a ride to the beach where the sky is also gray. It was gray all day. But it wasn't raining like it has been all summer so it wasn't too bad. While we're sitting on the beach eating our candy and chips we bought at Wal-Mart this family decides to basically sit on top of us. They pitched a stupid beach tent about 4 feet from my head. We just laughed about it for like 10 minutes. Then, we went in the water and I fell asleep with my mouth open and stuff like that. It was a pretty typical beach day with Lea in which we laughed every two minutes. I went home and went to bed.
The next morning I went over to MacMed Spa and I got a facial. It was extremely relaxing and my face had cleared up a ton since then. Unfortunately, we walked out without tipping the lady. Oops. The rest of the day was kind of boring and uneventful. Except when I watched the Colbert Report and found this awesome band called Movits! I keep listening to their very catchy song, Fel Del Av Garden. Yeah, they're Swedish.
Friday was a really fun and tiring day because I went into Boston early to look at Boston University and Boston College. After touring both schools I definitely liked Boston University more. It is right in the city, it had a lot of options, and it has what I'm looking for. The atmosphere was much more laid back and the students were, too. I know a lot of people have problems with the fact that there isn't really a legit campus, but that didn't bother me at all. Boston College had a beautiful campus but it was way too removed for me. It took almost an hour on the T to get to Government Center! It was also a little bit too religious for my liking. It was almost like they were forcing you to get involved and have fun there. I think I'll apply to both schools, but I know which one I like more. Oh, while we were at BC we thought we saw some nun praying to this beautiful statue of Mary. Then we realized she was just talking on her cell phone. Anyways, after the college visits we went to the north end and quincy market and ate at Trattoria di Monica and I had the most delicious gnoccis. It was amazing. I pretty much just passed out when I got home. Since I dragged Thomas around all day, he got pretty tired, too:
On Saturday, I got 12 hours of community service at the Grace House in Framingham. It was a long day. I started at 7:30. We picked up clothes, folded clothes, picked up food, got ready for dinner, went to a yard sale, served dinner, and then cleaned up. It was fun, minus rubbing aloe on people's backs and getting hit on by homeless men. I got home this day and passed out too.
Well, that's all for now. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment