Friday, July 17, 2009

I <3 ME

This week has flown by, and for the first time I have begun to appreciate the beauty of Maine. It's so nice! Since I have been too lazy to blog or keep track of the days in general, I will use pictures to do it for me. On Tuesday we visited the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens. They were so beautiful. Wednesday and Thursday we kind of just chilled around town, and today we spent our last day driving around the area and buying souveniers. We haven't been busy, but I suppose that's what vacation is all about. To the left is a picture I took at this little shack that sells seafood. The woman goes fishing in the morning and then sells it in the afternoon. It was soooo fresh and delicious. We also had good calamari last night, my uncle who is a good judge of food called it "excellent." I just don't like eating the ones that look like little squid, I prefer the ones that look like onion rings.


Aunt Ellen bought this baseball hat at L.L. Bean, it has two L.E.D's in the front. As you can see, it is quite bright at night. This was taken as we were sitting in front of the fireplace.

Here is a picture from the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens. It was beautiful there, and I kept screaming it was beautiful. Kind of like the time when I watched Slumdog Millionaire and just kept screaming about how beautiful Freida Pinto is. But really, this place was so beautiful! And romantic...too bad I was allllllll alone.

There were many sculptures like this one at the gardens.

A quaint waterfall.

Thomas came running up to me in the bookstore screaming, "MARY I THINK AASHISH WOULD REALLY LIKE THIS BOOK!"

Today, the fog was so cool on the water. We stopped to take a good picture.

Here, I am pictured with my new boyfriend. Wicked cute. ;)

We all know how mom loves flamingos....

I thought this looked cool, it was down at the dock.

It's still pretty foggy outside.

I don't know if we'll come back here again because my dad says that as he grows older he appreciates the finer things in life, such as microwaves and working showerheads. We had a good week though. Tomorrow we are off to York Beach, and I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment