Monday, July 13, 2009

Tour of Boothbay!

In the past few days I have realized how much of a New England person I am. I love it here! Well it's the best place ever, right? Maybe not, but it sure is beautiful. I can't just go on describing it, so here is my photo tour.

Classic Maine: lobster traps and buoys.

Moose!

We stopped here for a quick lunch. I had some haddock nuggets and french fries. So good!

This boat was in some movie at one point, but I forget the name. Apparently it's a pretty famous movie because when I told my dad I had never heard of it, he nearly had a heart attack.

Wow. I have nothing to say about this. It fits my mood 3/4 of a time. Get it? Crabby? Ha.

Well, as Thomas said, "If I had to pick my last meal, this would be it." A belgian waffle covered with chocolate ice cream, marshmallow sauce (NOT fluff), hot fudge, whipped cream, and graham crackers. I don't even know how to talk about how good it is.

My dad decided to take us on a beautiful scenic drive, so of course I had to take a picture of the Adirondacks looking out on the ocean. Someday this will be my backyard.

Apparently this is the church I always wanted to get married in when I was a little girl. I've always had good taste, the view is gorgeous.

I convinced Thomas to walk down to the dock with me at sunset. It's so peaceful with all the little boats.

The view from the dock.

Thomas having a blast at breakfast the next morning! I hadn't slept well, considering the walls here are paper thin and there were snorers on both sides of me. Snoring drives me absolutely insane. GAH!

We climbed to the top of a lighthouse. Pemaquid Point, I believe. I should mention that this is my second adventure this summer to a location on a state quarter. I was pretty excited about that fact.

Climbin' on the rocks.

The view from the top.

The lighthouse from the shore.

We've had two beautiful first days here. My mom would like for me to document here that it has been the coldest summer ever in New England. Also, I miss Aashish a ton. Obviously. Now I'm going to head downstairs to have some dinner and enjoy the cool evening. I'm hoping some visitors will join me up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment