Tuesday, July 28, 2009

York Beach, Rain

Per request of my parents, this blog will not be abandoned. I would not want to disappoint my two biggest readers. I went on a brief hiatus because of vacation, but now I am back in Douglas.
So two months ago Aashish and I took a brief day trip to Maine and quickly discovered that....there's nothing to do there in the rain! My family and I also discovered that the week we were there. Now, the sun is shining and it is supposed to be in the 80s all week long! That's a shame....

After leaving Boothbay, we stopped at the L.L. Bean store in Freeport, Maine. Thomas just had to have one of those hats with the lights on it. I'm not the biggest fan of gear for the outdoors.

When we got to York, it was actually nice out. Ashley came up to visit me before she left for a month to go to Tenesee. Wtf, everyone is leaving me! Anyways, I decided to sit in the ocean fully clothed...good idea.

We do miss Aashish, of course.

The next day we went and sat on the beach.

Here I am, tanning.

Here you can see the red results of my tan.

I was supposed to be sharing a bed with Amoret. She's 9. And hogs the entire bed.

But the next day we had fun burying her in the sand.

We went out to eat at Lobster Cove.

Amoret thought she could talk to Aashish across the ocean. She loves him.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures in the rain, so maybe I will remember this vacation as sunny. Perhaps not, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment